Shopify Price Filter: Essential Tips For Conversions
Shopify's pricing filter feature is crucial, helping customers find products within their budget, boosting sales, and improving the user experience.
Published November 1, 2023.
Effective filtering can make all the difference in your e-commerce store. Yet 84% of e-commerce sites offer poor filtering experiences for their visitors. The right filter can help increase your sales, improve user experience, and lead to more satisfied customers.
Shopify's price filtering feature is key to enhancing conversions. Let's explore the significance of price filtering in Shopify and how you can leverage it to catapult your store to success.
Meet the Expert
» Want to sell digital products on Shopify? This guide has all you need to get started.
What Is Shopify filter?
For example, Alora Boutique places its filters at the top of search results, making them easy to locate and use.
Specifically, the filtering by price feature allows customers to refine their search results based on a specific price range. Shoppers can input a minimum and maximum price point, and the filter displays products within that range.
I believe that filtering options are essential for a successful e-commerce website. They make it easy for customers to find the products they are looking for quickly and easily. This can lead to increased sales and conversions.
How to Add Price Filters to Your Shopify Store
Check if your Shopify theme supports filters before creating them. Vintage themes that are older than Online Store 2.0 don't support filters. If your theme doesn't support filters, you can still create them from the Shopify Search & Discovery app, but they won't be displayed to customers.
- Go to your Shopify admin dashboard and click on Online Store.
- Click on Navigation.
- Scroll down to the Collection and search filters section.
- Click on the Add filters button (note that older themes do not support filters)
- Select the Price filter from the list of available filters. Click on the Add filter button.
- Click Done and Save.
Price filtering is particularly essential for Shopify e-commerce websites because it enables customers to quickly and easily find products that not only meet their needs but also fit their budget. The convenience and efficiency this filter offers can significantly increase sales and conversions.
How to enhance price filtering on your Shopify store
1. Use a third-party app for more filtering flexibility
To tailor your shopping experience and maximize your sales, you may want something more advanced than Shopify's basic filtering. There are numerous third-party Shopify apps and tools available for enhancing price filtering capabilities. These tools can help create more detailed and specific price filtering options and integrate your price filters with other features and functionality.
Bestsellers reSort allows you to set custom rules and add multiple nested price filters so you can create price filters within price filters to promote the products you want to sell within that price range first.
» Effortlessly organize your collections with BestSellers ReSort.
2. Place filters strategically for optimal usability
Price filters are essential for helping users find the products they're looking for within their budget. By strategically placing and designing your price filters, you can make it easier for users to narrow down their search results and find the products they want faster.
- Place your price filter prominently: The price filter should be one of the first things users see when they land on a product page, collection page, or search results page. Consider placing it above or below the product grid, or in the sidebar.
- Use a clear and concise label: The label for your price filter should be clear and easy to understand. Simply label it "Price" or "Price Range."
- Use a slider or range picker: Sliders and range pickers are the most user-friendly way to implement price filters. They allow users to easily select a price range with just a few clicks or taps.
- Include clear price increments: When using a slider or range picker, make sure the price increments are clear and easy to understand. For example, you might use increments of $10, $25, or $50.
- Provide real-time results: As users adjust the price filter, the product grid should update in real time to show the relevant results. This will help users quickly find the products they're looking for within their budget.
If you want to balance providing a wide range of price filtering options and overwhelming customers, consider using a faceted search system. This system lets customers filter based on multiple criteria, including price, providing flexibility without inundating users.
Pro tips for a slick filtered storefront
It's important to implement your price filters effectively to avoid overwhelming customers or harming your website's performance.
- Consider your product range: The number and specificity of your price filtering options will depend on the diversity of your products. For example, if you sell a wide range of products at different price points, you'll need more detailed price filtering options than if you only sell a few products at a similar price point.
- Understand your target audience: What are their needs and preferences? What kind of price filtering options would be most helpful to them? Consider these factors when designing your price filters.
- Integrate your price filters seamlessly with your store's design: Your price filters should be easy to find and use, and they should be visually appealing. They should also be consistent with the overall design of your store.
- Measure effectiveness with KPIs: Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) such as conversion rate, average order value, bounce rate and page views per session.
Your Shopify store's success is one well-implemented filter away
Price filtering is a powerful tool that can have a significant impact on your Shopify store's success. By strategically placing your price filters, balancing options without overwhelming customers, and following best practices, you can create a smooth shopping experience for your customers and enhance conversions. To further enhance your price filtering capabilities, consider using a third-party app.
As we look to the future, it is exciting to think about the possibilities that lie ahead for Shopify filters. With increased personalization, finer price control, and a more user-friendly experience, Shopify filters are poised to play an even greater role in helping merchants succeed.
» Learn how to manage out of stock products on Shopify.