3 Best Inventory Management Systems for Your Shopify Store—A 2024 Review
Automate your Shopify inventory management and increase efficiency, accelerate fulfillment, and save money with these three picks.
Updated January 8, 2024.
An inventory management system is software designed to streamline inventory functions such as tracking, stocking, and fulfillment.
If you are a Shopify merchant, you know that inventory should never be an afterthought. As your store grows and gains popularity, having an effective inventory management system (IMS) will help you manage your Shopify inventory better.
Handling everything from the supplier to the customer, the best Shopify inventory management system helps keep things running smoothly with minimal manual input. This with Shopify inventory management apps will help you avoid overselling and underselling and fulfill orders quickly—it's best to transition from manual systems to an IMS before your operations become overwhelming.
Our Top 3 Picks
- Multi-Store Sync Power - Best for multi-store Shopify owners
- Out-of-Stock Police - Best for managing out-of-stock items in your inventory
- Bestsellers reSort- Best for Shopify inventory auto-sorting and collection management
Key Features to Look for in an Inventory Management System
- Multi-store and omnichannel support: If you have multiple Shopify stores and physical locations, you'll need an IMS to combine them into a unified system.
- Metrics and forecasting: The best IMS tracks stock, analyzes historical data, and forecasts demand. IMS metrics are a rich data source to build models and plan strategies.
- Integrations: Apart from integrating with Shopify, a good IMS should support point-of-sale (POS) systems if you have physical locations and should sync with your logistics systems.
- Complete automation: An effective IMS should automate inventory management in various ways, including managing out-of-stock items, handling pre-orders, and ordering from suppliers when stock levels are low.
Best Inventory Management Systems in 2024
Our recommended Shopify inventory management software solutions seamlessly sync with your Shopify store for maximum efficiency. Unlike spreadsheets or general accounting platforms, they provide important inventory metrics and automate common tasks.
Multi‑Store Sync Power
Ideal solution for seamless Shopify inventory sync
7-day free trial
Real-Time Inventory Sync
The Multi‑Store Sync Power app by EGNITION is a comprehensive solution designed for merchants managing multiple Shopify stores. It facilitates automatic synchronization and real-time updates of inventory, products, and collections across linked stores. This streamlines the entire process of multi-store inventory management.
Thanks to its rich features, setup might be challenging for less tech-savvy users. However, outstanding customer support ensures smooth setup and integration. Once configured, the intuitive dashboard simplifies multi-store management.
- Synchronize inventory levels across stores / locations.
- Synchronize products’ fields across stores / locations.
- Create products automatically in all connected stores / locations.
- Complete multi-location support for flexible synchronization.
- See if any SKUs/Barcodes are not set up properly and missed sync process.
Pros and cons
Synchronized inventory management across multiple stores
Streamlined POS system across locations
Quality control over SKUs and barcodes
Outstanding 24/7 customer support
Cost-friendly monthly pricing
7-day free trial
Configuration can be confusing for less tech-savvy users
» Make the most of the best practices for managing multiple Shopify stores
7-day free trial
Save time with seamless processes
Out-of-Stock Police by EGNITION helps you manage inventory with ease. It's a powerful tool designed to optimize and automate the management of out-of-stock items in your Shopify store. The app ensures a streamlined process, automatically pushing sold-out products to the bottom of collections or hiding them until restocked.
Out-of-Stock Police offers a straightforward interface, though setup may take a little time for automated workflows. Its natural integration with Shopify and available customer support make it an excellent choice,.
- Push sold-out products in collections automatically in real-time
- Hide out-of-stock products the smart way to keep organic traffic
- Receive low-stock and out-of-stock notifications to your email or in-app
- Export and download low-stock and out-of-stock products for re-stock planning
- Improve SEO and generate more assisted conversions with out-of-stock products
Pros and cons
Free plan available for up to 49 products
Easy-to-use interface for efficient inventory management
Customized sorting rules for tailored product displays
Automated workflows to save time and effort
Boosted SEO performance for increased visibility
Can have a slight learning curve
» Boost your Shopify store with tips for managing your out-of-stock products
7-day free trial
Create a custom order of products in collections
Bestsellers reSort by EGNITION is a powerful asset for Shopify retailers looking to manage inventory effectively while keeping up with dynamic consumer interests. It's more than just an organizational tool; this app provides a powerful way to enhance visibility and tailor product displays to market trends and personal strategies.
With its intuitive setup for online merchandising, Bestsellers reSort simplifies the process of auto-organizing products, making it easier to showcase new arrivals and featured items. It's a practical, balanced solution for efficiently managing inventory and boosting sales.
- Automatically sort and organize products in collections
- Customize sorting rules for every collection based on product type
- Add featured products to top of collections. Add manually or schedule
- Organize products using tags and create a very specific order of products
- Mix and match sorting rules to create a unique order to drive sales
Pros and cons
Enhances product visibility based on customer preferences
Easily organizes products in collections
Flexible promotion of featured and new items
Manages out-of-stock items effectively
Sorts by various metrics like revenue, sales, etc.
Reduces manual effort in product organization
Advanced features restricted in the free version
» Customize your sorting rules by changing Shopify's default "Sort by" option
Implementation Tips for Best Shopify Inventory Management Software
Follow these implementation tips to optimize your Shopify inventory management software for optimal efficiency and smooth business operations.
Multi-Store Sync Power
To effectively use Multi-Store Sync Power on Shopify, turn on inventory tracking on your dashboard for two-way syncing across stores. This tool offers real-time visibility and control for multiple Shopify stores. Adjust settings as needed and use automation to maintain consistent inventory.
Take advantage of Out-of-Stock Police by configuring alerts to notify when inventory levels drop to specified thresholds. These automated warnings ensure you restock appropriately, preventing costly stockouts and revenue loss. Also, automatically hide out-of-stock items to avoid negative customer experiences.
To enhance Bestsellers reSort on your Shopify store, frequently check important settings like sales cycle-based analysis timeframes. Use the "Auto Calculate" feature for product ranking updates on the latest data.
For new items, activate "Push Up New" to spotlight them at the top of collections during your specified initial period. Remember to use "Push Down Out of Stock" to prevent unavailable items from impacting customer experience.
Note: If you face problems or need help with any of these 3 Shopify inventory management apps, contact the app's support team, which is available 24/7. They can offer expert assistance and guide you through any difficulties.
Make the Right Choice for Your Shopify Store
When choosing an IMS, ensure it fits your needs rather than just going for the one with the highest ratings or the lowest price. While all three of our suggestions are scalable, using free trials first is advisable to ensure you get the right solution to manage your Shopify inventory better.