What rules can I use to define a product collection on my Shopify store?
Asked 2 years ago
Hi, I've set up my online shop and I'm ready to now sort my various products into collections. This part I'm not so sure of. How do I add collections on my website? I thought I understood it, but when tried to create the parent collection, I couldn't add the products. Help?
Sunday, July 24, 2022
You can sort your products into different collections such as discount collections, women's apparel, collection by product size, product type, and seasonal items collections. To sort your products into organized groups, you can opt for one of the two Shopify collection types:
- Automated Collection: This collection set uses up to 60 collection conditions to automatically group matching products.
- Manual Collection: The seller groups or degroups together only the similar products manually.
Here is a step-by-step process that you can use to create parent and sub-collections in your Shopify store:
- Go to the Products > Collections.
- Tap the + button.
- Add collection title and description, and image.
- Select Automated Collection type and choose your preferred collection condition from the 60+ options available.
- Click Save.
- Select Sales Channels and select your preferred sales channel.
- Sort your collection of products in the desired order.
- Save the Collection.
- Finally, create a link in the Shopify store navigation for your newly created collection.
- Now you have created your parent collection. Drag and drop the collections you want to treat as a sub-collection in this parent collection, and your collection tree is ready.
Please follow our Community Guidelines